Google+   Facebook   Twitter   YouTube  
Home         About Us         Contact Us      
Oyangudi.com
September 26, 2017
Tuesday
Oyangudi
  About Oyangudi
  History of Oyangudi
  Photo Gallery
  Events
  Directory
  Sports
  Guestbook
   
Holy Trinity Church
  About
  History
  Photo Gallery
  Festivals
  Church Events
  75th Year Celebration
   
Good News
  Bible
  Bible Resource
  Prayer
  News
  Devotions
  Audio Messages
  Video Messages
  Must visit links
  Must read books
   
Free Download
Free Bible Software
YouVersion
Tamil Bible
e-Sword Home
theWord Bible Software
 
 
 
 
Holy Trinity Church About

Holy Trinity Church

 
 
 
 
 
 

Holy Trinity Church, Oyangudi The Holy Trinity Church is located in the center of Oyangudi. It is belongs to the Mukkuperi pastorate of Thoothukdui-Nazareth Diocese (CSI - Church of South India).
Our first church was built in the year 1855.
And the expansion of our church was started on October 10, 1897.
The foundation was laid on October 14, 1897.
In August 14, 1900 the renovated church was opened by Bishop Rev. Samuel Moreli.
Rev. A. Pitchmuthu was served for a very little seasion (June 1902 to December 1903), but within this short space of time he called our church "Holy Trinity Church" .
Before that our church was called "Mission Church".
In the year 1913 our church tower (2 storey) was built in the time of Rev. G. Mathura Nayagam, and Rev. Y. Manuel.
Rebuilding of our Church foundation was laid by Rt. Rev. S. C. Neill on July 13, 1938 and opened on September 22, 1940 by Rt. Rev. S. C. Neill.
YMCA was started in the year 1942.
Electric connection was given in the year 1959.

 
Wikihttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oyangudi
WikiMapiahttp://wikimapia.org/#lat=8.5737223&lon=77.993086&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2&search=oyangudi
WikiMapia Coordinates8°34'23"N 77°59'34"E